Some Technical References for the propagation of sound in ducts and acoustic filters are:
- "The Propagation of plane sound waves in narrow and wide circular tubes, and
generalization to uniform tubes of arbitrary cross-sectional shape," M. R. Stinson
J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 89, 550-558 (1991) (and references therein).
- "Propagation of sound waves in ducts," F. Jacobsen,
Acoustic Technology, Technical University of Denmark,
Note no 31260, 2006. (71 pp.) ("Lecture Notes").
- "Active Impedance Control for One-Dimensional Sound," D. Guicking and
K. Karcher, Trans. ASME: J. Vibration, Acoustics, Stress,
and Reliability in Design, Vol 106,
- "Acoustic Wave Filters," G. W. Stewart, Physical Review 20,
- "Nonlinear oscillations of a gas in a tube," M A Ilgamov, et al.,
Appl. Mechanics Rev. 49, 137-154 (1996).
- Plus see general references.
This is not intended to be a complete list, just one to get started.
There are no pop-ups or ads of any kind on these pages.
If you are seeing them, they are being added by a third
party without the consent of the author.
Back to Physics of Music
To MTU Physics Home