Some General References for the Physics of Musics Include:
- "The Physics of Musical Instruments," N H Fletcher and T D Rossing (Springer)
- "Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics, 2nd Ed." A H Benade (Dover).
- "Music, Physics and Engineering, 2nd Ed.," H. F. Olson (Dover).
- "Science and Music," Sir James Jeans (Dover).
- "Principles of Musical Acoustics," William M. Hartmann (Springer 2013).
- "On the sensation of tone as a physiological basis for the
theory of music," H. Helmholtz, translated by A. J. Ellis (Dover, NY, 1954).
- "The Physics of Sound, 2nd Ed.," R. E. Berg and D. G. Stork (Prentice Hall).
- "How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony," R. W. Duffin (W. W. Norton & Co., NY, 2007).
- "The Science of Sound, 3rd Ed.," T. D. Rossing, F. R. Moore, and P. A. Wheeler (Addison Wesley 2002).
- "Music, Sound and Sensation: A Modern Exposition," F. Winckel (Dover 1967).
- "The Singing Neanderthals: The Origins of Music, Language, Mind
and Body," Steven Mithen, (Harvard U. Press, 2006).
- "The Music of The Spheres," Jamie James, (Copernicus/Springer).
- "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Musical Instruments," (Konemann).
- "Mechanics of Musical Instruments," A. Hirschberg, J. Kergomard, and G. Weinreich (Springer-Verlag, 1995).
This is not intended to be a complete list, just one to get started.
There are no pop-ups or ads of any kind on these pages.
If you are seeing them, they are being added by a third
party without the consent of the author.
Back to Physics of Music
To MTU Physics Home