Dr. Tang was appointed to the Editorial Board of Translational Oncology, Elsevier.
See the News for more information.
Colloge of Computing
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931
Last Update: 04/07/2020
Welcome to Jinshan Tang's Homepage
Dr. Jinshan Tang is currently professor of College of Computing at Michigan Technological University.
Dr. Tang's research interests include biomedical image analysis and biomedical imaging,
computer aided cancer detection, biometrics, computer vision, and image understanding.
He has obtained more than one million dollars grants in the past years as a PI or Co-PI.
He published more than 110 refereed journal and conference papers. He is a senior member of IEEE and Co-chair of the Technical
Committee on Information Assurance and Intelligent Multimedia-Mobile Communications, IEEE SMC society.
His research has been supported by USDA, DoD, Air force, and DHS.
Major Education & Post-doctoral Training
- Post-doctoral training, National Cancer Institute,
National Institute of Health, MD, USA
- Post-doctoral training,Schepens Eye Research Institute,
Harvard Medical School, MA, USA
- Ph.D, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications,
Beijing, P.R. China
- Professor, Michigan Technological University
Houghton, MI, USA (2017~)
- Associate Professor, Michigan Technological University
Houghton, MI, USA (2011~2017)
- Assitant Professor, Alcorn State University
Lorman, MS, USA,(2006~2011)
- Senior Engineer, Intel
Hudson, MA, USA 2005~2006)
- Research Fellow, National Cancer Institute,
National Institute of Health,MD, USA (2004~2005)
- Research Scientist/Research Associate,University of Virginia
Charlottesville,VA USA (2001~2004)
- Post-doctoral training,Schepens Eye Research Institute,
Harvard Medical School, MA, USA (2000~2001)
- Invited Researcher,ATR Media Integration and Communications
Research Laboratories, Kyoto, Japan (1998~2000)
- Xiaoming Liu, Aihui Yu, Xiangkai Wei, Zhifang Pan, Jinshan Tang, "Multimodal MR Image
Synthesis Using Gradient Prior and Adversarial Learning," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 1176-1188,2020.(Impact Factor: 4.989)
- Zilong Hu, Jinshan Tang, Ping Zhang,Jingfeng Jiang, "Deep learning for the identification of bruised apples by fusing 3D deep features for real time apple grading systems", Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing,Vol. 145, 106922, November–December 2020..(Impact Factor: 6.471)
- Zilong Hu, Ziming Wang, Kai Zhang, Lin Zhang, Qingling Sun, Jinshan Tang, "Deep Learning
for Image-based Cancer Detection and Diagnosis - A Survey", Pattern Recognition, vol.83, pp. 134-149, November 2018.(Impact Factor: 7.196)
- X Liu and J. Tang, "Mass Classification in Mammograms Using Selected Geometry and Texture
Features and a New SVM-Based Feature Selection Method", IEEE System Journal, vol. 8, no.3, pp. 910~920, 2014.(Impact Factor: 3.987)
- Huiyu Zhou,Huosheng Hu,Honghai Liu, Jinshan Tang, "Classification of upper limb motion trajectories using shape features",IEEE Transaction on System, Man, and Cybernetics, part C vol. 42, no.6,pp. 970-982, 2012.
- Jinshan Tang, Xiaoming Liu, Huaining Cheng, and K. M. Robinette, "Gender recognition using 3-D human body shapes", IEEE Transaction on System, Man, and Cybernetics, part C, pp.898-908,Vol. 41, No. 6, 2011.
- Jinshan Tang, Raj Rangayyan,Yongyi Yang, I. El Naqa, Jun Xu, "Computer Aided Breast Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Using Mammography: Recent Advance," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedcine(Renamed to:IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics), pp. 236-251,Vol. 13, No. 2,2009(Impact Factor: 5.223)
- Jinshan Tang, Xiaoming Liu, Qingling Sun, "An direct image contrast enhancement algorithm based on wavelet transform for screening mammograms", IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing, pp. 74-80, vol. 3, no. 1, 2009.(Impact Factor: 4.989)
- Jinshan Tang, "A Multi-direction GVF Snake for the Segmentation of Skin Cancer Images", Pattern recognition, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1172-1179, 2009.(Impact Factor: 7.196)
- Jun Xu, Yong-Yan Cao, Youxian Sun and Jinshan Tang, "Absolute Exponential Stability of Recurrent Neural Networks with Generalized Activation Function", IEEE Transaction on Neural network(renamed to:IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems), vol. 19, No. 6,pp. 1075-1089, 2008.(Impact Factor: 8.793)
- Steve Millington, Bin Li, Jinshan Tang, S Trattnig, Jeff Crandall, Shepard Hurwitz, Scott Acton, "Quantitative and topographical evaluation of ankle articular cartilage using high resolution MRI", Journal of Orthopaedic Research,Vol. 25, No.2, pp.143-151, 2007.(Impact Factor: 2.728)
- Jinshan Tang, Garry Choy, Peter Choyke, "Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI Predicts Early Response to Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha in a Colon Carcinoma Model", Investigative Radiology,vol. 41,No. 9, 2006. (Impact Factor: 5.156)
- Jinshan Tang, Steven Millington, and Scott Acton, Jeff Crandall and Shepard Hurwitz, "Surface Extraction and Thickness measurement of the articular Cartilage from MR images using Directional Gradient Vector Flow Snake" IEEE Transactions On Biomedical Engineering, vol. 52, No. 5, 2006.(Impact Factor: 4.424)
- Adam P. Goobic, Jinshan Tang, and Scott T. Acton, "Image stabilization and registration for tracking cells in the microvasculature,"IEEE Transactions On Biomedical Engineering, vol. 52, No. 2, 2005.(Impact Factor: 4.424)
- Jinshan Tang, and Scott T. Acton, "Vessel Boundary Tracking for Intravital Microscopy Via Multi-scale Gradient Vector Flow Snakes", IEEE Transactions On Biomedical Engineering, vol. 51, No. 2, 2004. (Impact Factor: 4.424)
- Jinshan Tang J. Kim and Eli Peli, "Image Enhancement in the JPEG Domain for People With Vision Impairment", IEEE Transactions On Biomedical Engineering, vol. 51, No.11, pp. 2013- 2023, 2004. (Impact Factor: 4.424)
- Jinshan Tang, Eli Peli, Scott Acton, "Image Enhancement Using A Contrast Measure in the Compressed Domain", IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 10, No 10, 2003. (Impact Factor: 3.105)