The following is short list of references about Bézier curves. Bézier's and de Casteljau's papers contains some very interesting remarks of their work. Rogers' book includes some historical perspective of Bézier; unfortunately, this book does not mention de Casteljau at all. Farin and Hansford's book covers the most elementary topics of CAGD (Computer-Aided Geometric Design), while Farin's book is a very popular textbook on CAGD. Hoschek and Lasser's textbook also discusses Bézier curves; however, it is more advanced. Finally, Piegl and Tiller's book contains many algorithms and codes for Bézier and other curves and surfaces.
- Pierre E. Bézier, The First Years of CAD/CAM and the UNISURF CAD System, in Fundamental Developments of Computer-Aided Geometric Modeling, edited by Les Piegl, Academic Press, 1993, pp. 13-26.
- Paul de Casteljau, Polar Forms for Curve and Surface Modeling as Used at Citroen, in Fundamental Developments of Computer-Aided Geometric Modeling, edited by Les Piegl, Academic Press, 1993, pp. 1-12.
- Gerald Farin, Curves and Surfaces for CAGD: A Practical Guide, fifth edition, Academic Press, 2002.
- Gerald Farin and Dianne Hansford, The Essentials of CAGD, A K Peters, 2000.
- Josef Hoschek and Dieter Lasser, Fundamentals of Computer Aided Geometric Design, translated from the German 1989 edition by Larry L. Schumaker, A K Peters, 1993.
- Les Piegl and Wayne Tiller, The NURBS Book, second edition, Springer-Verlag, 1997.
- David F. Rogers, An Introduction to NURBS with Historical Perspective, Academic Press, 2001.