TTh 8:05 - 9:20 pm
Dr. Jeffrey S. Allen
MEEM Room 905
or by appointment
- compare competing energy conversion technologies on an economic and efficiency basis;
- assess the validity of energy conversion claims made in popular media;
- be familiar with thermodynamic processes and power cycles;
- be familiar with the basic principles of themal, mechanical, chemical, nuclear, and solar energy conversion;
- be familiar with the basic principles of energy storage;
- serve those around you who are trying to make energy-conscious decisions.
The textbook for this course is a combination of course notes and a free, online Energy Conversion book by Kenneth Weston.
Energy Conversion - The eBook
hyperlinked Table of Contents
The material in this book will be supplemented with documents, lecture notes, and weblinks.